In 2019, Pearson Vue reported that only 47% of first-time testers passed their exam to become a real estate sales associate in Florida. The Department of Business and Professional Regulation, and FREC, requires that students pass this exam with at least 75%. Using one of the online real estate schools in Florida can help you to pass the exam.
There are many online real estate schools ready and happy to help students pass this exam with flying colors. You just have to seek them out. Read on to find out more about what traits make up the best online real estate schools.
There are some things that students just need when looking for online Florida real estate courses. Some things to look for and/or consider include whether a course is FREC approved or not.
Other things a student may want to consider when looking for a school include whether the institution is online, or not. This also might determine if the classes happen live, in real-time, or if students just view pre-recorded videos. If it has a physical location that a student will be attending, they might want to look into the city, possibly Orlando or Jacksonville, and area the school is in.
Does the school have good pass rates? Do other schools have comparable offerings for a cheaper final cost? Other features, tools, or resources, such as quizzes, or class format, can be extremely useful, especially for a self-guided class.
4. Prep Agent: Online Real Estate Courses in Florida
Whether you’re interested in become a sales associate or broker, Prep Agent can provide the necessary study materials to help you pass your test and start working quickly.
- National and Florida-specific practice questions
- Sales associate and broker training
- 75+ video lectures and 70+ audio lectures
- 100+ page exam prep eBook
- Interactive vocabulary exercises
- Live and prerecorded webinars (Premium only)
Pros and Cons
- Pro – Well-Rounded Education: Signing up for Prep Agent will provide you with a very well-rounded education. You’ll know enough about the real estate practice, on both the state and national level, to be a successful broker or sales associate.
- Pro – Audio Lectures: There aren’t many online real estate schools that provide audio-only versions of their lectures, but Prep Agent happens to be one of them. This means you can easily study for your exams while focusing on other tasks or commuting.
- Con – Subscription Based: Unlike our top courses, Prep Agent requires you to pay for the length of time you need to study. This isn’t a bad deal if you plan on spending a year on prep, but their monthly and weekly prices are far higher.
There are lots of great features to this online course, but it’s not the best fit if you only want to spend a few months preparing for your exam. Still, the Premium package is a great way to stay up-to-date with all the latest changes in your industry.
Save Up to 80% on PrepAgent Real Estate Courses
Get Free Exam on PrepAgent Real Estate Courses
100% Money-Back Guarantee on PrepAgent Real Estate Course
Sale – PrepAgent Real Estate Courses Now $63
Promo – PrepAgent Real Estate Courses For Only $79
PrepAgent Real Estate Offer- Finance Crash Course For Only
PrepAgent Real Estate Business Planning for Agents As low
5. CompuCram: Florida Online Real Estate School
CompuCram provides a course that can help you work through your test prep quickly and efficiently. However, it lacks a personal touch due to a web-based platform with minimal input from your instructors.
- Flashcards, fill-in-the-blank, and matching questions
- Dynamic practice tests
- Compatible with mobile and tablet
- Pre-assessment and performance tracking
- Money-back guarantee
Pros and Cons
- Pro – Vocabulary Building: CompuCram primarily uses techniques to improve your vocabulary of real estate terms. This will help you pass your licensing exams, but it also helps you come across as a professional when communicating with future employers and clients.
- Pro – High Tech: Since CompuCram was designed recently, it’s easy to access on multiple devices and comes with excellent modern features. This includes their use of machine learning to provide a customized schedule and performance tracker.
- Con – Pass Rate: Although still much higher than the average, CompuCram’s advertised pass rate of approximately 86% is less impressive than our top picks. This means you have a slightly higher chance of passing on your first attempt if you choose Colibri Real Estate or The CE Shop instead.
CompuCram offers a modern real estate course that can be completed at your own pace and on the device of your choosing. Although there’s limited instructor support, the vocabulary building exercises and other included resources will have a positive effect on your chances of passing.
6. Mbition: FL Real Estate License Course Review
Mbition is one of the best online real estate schools in Florida for any stage of one’s career. Their packages help you pass the required test like all the rest of course.
However, they also offer many materials for those looking to become realty appraisers or home inspectors. They even have resources for students looking to continue their Florida real estate education.
Some other opportunities include exam prep for License Broker students, post-licensing needs, and other professional development.
The basic package includes math courses, instant support, and tech support. Their intermediate package also adds exam prep and their “Pass First Time Guarantee.” For $199, the highest tier scores you a physical textbook on the course.
Like some previous schools on this list, Mbition also offers the FREC 1 course on its own for $99. All of Mbitions’ classes are Arello approved, which means they’re compliant with the state and contemporary.
Mbition’s staff have helped over 750,000 students in many stages of their careers begin and advance in the world of real estate. With their 40+ years of combined experience, they strive to guarantee their students’ success.
Mbition’s site has a comprehensive list of the state requirements to become a licensed realtor in Florida. They also have other advice about license renewal and requirements for that. You’ll find more information about these requirements at the end of this article.
7. AYPORealEstate: Online Real Estate Courses in Florida
“At Your Pace Online” Real Estate, or AYPO Real Estate, has a similar fare. Their basic package has 4.4 out of 5 stars, while the deluxe wins out at 4.8.
The latter includes practice exams, as well as a downloadable PDF file of the entire course. This can be a very handy thing to have. AYPO may be one of the more simple online real estate schools in Florida, but that shouldn’t make it any less enticing.
8. Bob Hogue School of Real Estate: Florida Real Estate License School Online
The Bob Hogue School of Real Estate is among the most expensive best online real estate schools in Florida. This school’s website provides some amazing resources for real estate students worldwide, however.
They only have 3 class options for pre-license learners. The least expensive is $245 for online classes, while a “Live Online,” or “Classroom” package is $295. (The classroom option is for students able to attend in person at the school.) All options have customer and IT support.
What makes this school impressive is that its site has a plethora of useful links all collected on its homepage. Below we will explore some of this vital information for Florida realty students.
The Bob Hogue School of Real Estate’s site has direct links to the state applications to become a sales associate, broker, instructor, or “CAM”. There are also links to find the forms for updating names and addresses or update your status as a realtor.
It also offers the phone numbers, links, and even directions to many other useful organizations for students of real estate schools in Florida. This encompasses things where and how to get required fingerprinting, FAQs, and other guides.
Even more, tools are linked to on their page, including the state license search. The page to check state application status, and to renew a pre-existing license online are found there, too.
There are also links to information like an official list of Florida real estate associations, and information about mutual recognition. Some of this information can be tricky to find without help, so it is extremely useful that Bob Hogue compiles it all in one place.
Bob Hogue also has a bookstore built into the site. Essentially anyone looking for more information on real estate in Florida should have this page bookmarked. If you need a resource, they probably have it or can direct you to it.
More Real Estate Schools In Florida
The list below contains all of the real estate schools that are located in Florida and that we believe deserve a place on our list. While not our top choices which are listed above, each of these schools has aspects that we like. Plus, we contacted each real estate school in Florida and these are the ones that had good response times:
A Plus Schools of Real Estate
Bert Rodgers Schools
Bob Fritze School-Real Estate
Climer School of Real Estate Orlando Main Campus
Cooke Real Estate School
Demetree School of Real Estate
First Coast School of Real Estate
Fitzpatrick Real Estate School
Florida Real Estate Learning Center
Gold Coast Schools
Hallmark School of Real Estate
Larson Educational Services
Magnolia School of Real Estate
Naples School of Real Estate
National Real Estate School
OneBlue Real Estate School
PERT Consulting – Florida Real Estate School
Real Estate School of Florida
Realty School 101
Rowlett Real Estate School
Sonia Galarza School of Real Estate & Appraisal Corp.
Southwest Florida School of Real Estate
Tampa School of Real Estate
TEAM Hughes Real Estate School
Tony Mesa Real Estate School Inc.
Top Choice Real Estate School
Top Producer School of Real Estate
Zenith Real Estate School
Requirements to Become a Real Estate Licensee In Florida
The base requirements to obtain a real estate license in Florida are fairly simple. To be approved a candidate must have the following qualities:
- Be 18 years of age or older, with a high school diploma or equivalent, and a US social security number.
- Sign up for and complete the 63-hour required course, and pass the final exam (the Florida Real Estate Salesperson Exam) with a score of 75% or higher.
- Get fingerprinted and pass a background check. (Please see the Bob Hogue schools site for more on where and how to achieve this.)
- Submit the application for the sales associate license. (The licensee’s broker will activate it once it is approved.)
Upon being approved, a licensee just has to complete the 45-hour post-licensing course and exam to begin working legally. The application has a fee of $83.75, and on average takes about 4-6 weeks to be approved.
The website for the Bob Hogue School includes links to submit this app via post by downloading and printing it, or online. They also provide locations and contact information for getting fingerprints done with Pearson Vue. They cite this as costing $57.25
Becoming a real estate broker requires a bit more time in the classroom. A broker has to pass a 72-hour pre-licensing course, followed by a 60-hour post-license course and exam.
The exam for a sales associate licensee can be retaken as many times as needed, at a cost of $36.75 per retake. The exam itself consists of 100 multi-choice questions and is scheduled with Pearson Vue. To take the test, students must bring the course completion slip from their school with them.
Interestingly, one does not need to be a Florida resident to become a Florida real estate agent. Due to a policy known as reciprocity, Floridian agents can become licensed in other states.
If another state has a mutual recognition agreement, then out-of-state licensees can apply without re-doing their pre-licensing course.
Florida Real Estate Commission Curriculum
FREC requires real estate schools in Florida to include core concepts in its curriculum. This curriculum covers many subjects. A taste of what this entails includes:
- An overview of the business and current state of Real Estate, Information about Real Estate, and License Law, as well as qualifications for becoming licensed.
- Violations of these, or other Federal or State laws. This also means familiarity with what happens when these laws are violated and the procedures for dealing with this.
- Rules on how to properly commission and manage one’s authorized relationships, duties, and disclosure.
- Proper procedures for real estate and/or investment brokerage. Business opportunity, brokerage property rights, and knowledge on how to use contracts accurately and correctly.
- Legal descriptions of property, including titles, deeds, ownership, and the related restrictions of these documents. Similarly, taxes that affect real estate.
- Full comprehension of mortgages, various types of mortgages, and other sources of financing like loans. This also includes math skills and other training required to close transactions.
- Planning and Zoning Laws and, how to analyze and appraise the current real estate market.
Continued Education and License Renewal
Every 2 years, a licensee must renew. This occurs either on March 31st or September 30th depending on when the licensee got their license originally. It will say on the license.
To renew, one just has to take a 14 hour CE requirement class. This consists of 3 core aspects and can be done in a traditional classroom environment or via a distance education provider.
This class includes 8 hours of specialty credit and a 3-hour update on Florida laws. It also means a 3-hour class on ethics and business practices.