The Bob Hogue School of Real Estate has been around for many years, since 1978 to be exact. But is this school a good choice for you? Learn the facts in this extensive Bob Hogue School of Real Estate review.
So you want to become a real estate agent in Florida and you need your pre-license education? This is the first step toward becoming an agent in Florida.
Florida requires 63 hours of pre-license education before you can take the state exam. You will need to find the right real estate school to get this education. But, since there are so many Florida real estate schools to choose from, finding the right one can be difficult. (See the best real estate schools in Florida here)
You’re here because you want to see if the Bob Hogue School of Real Estate is a good fit for you and if it’s a school that’s worth considering.
Below we look at this real estate school and break down what we learned about them through our comprehensive research.
Overview Of Bob Hogue School of Real Estate
To start, we contacted the Bob Hogue School of Real Estate to get a better feel for who’s behind the scenes and to check on their response times.
The good news is that we received a reply within 6 hours of our initial contact. This is a decent response time. The bad news is that we did not get all of our questions answered but overall, they did answer most of them.
The Bob Hogue School of Real Estate has been around since 1978 so it’s one of the oldest Florida real estate schools and is located in Saint Petersburg Florida.
In-Depth Look At Bob Hogue School of Real Estate Course
As we take a deeper look at what this real estate school offers, we will look at what’s covered in the courses, whether support is offered, and if they have any type of passing guarantee. We will also look at whether they offer live classroom and online courses.
Let’s get started.
The Bob Hogue School of Real Estate has many different types of real estate courses.
Each type of course offering is listed below:
- 63-Hour Florida Real Estate Pre-Licensing Course
- 72-Hour Broker Pre-Licensing Course
- Cram Course To Improve State Exam Scores For Real Estate Salesperson
- Cram Course To Improve State Exam Scores For Real Estate Broker
- 45-Hour Post-Licensing Course For Real Estate Sales Associates
- 60-Hour Post-Licensing Course For Real Estate Brokers
- 14-Hour Continuing Education For Real Estate
- 28-Hour Real Estate Reactivation License
- Real Law Prep For Exam
- 16-Hour Community Association Manager Pre-Licensing Course
As you can see, the Bob Hogue School of Real Estate has a wide variety of courses to help those looking to get started and continue in their real estate career.
We will focus here on the 63-hour Florida real estate pre-licensing course only.
63-Hour Florida Real Estate Pre-Licensing Course
The 63-hour Florida real estate pre-licensing course is step number one in getting a Florida real estate license.
This course is designed to teach you everything you need to know to pass the Florida real estate exam.
The course is offered in three different formats so it’s easy for anyone to find a format that fits perfectly into their lifestyle.
The first format offered is the physical classroom classes. This course is live in classroom and is offered in several different Florida counties list below:
The physical classroom course consists of an orientation, 19 units, a practice exam and final exam.
This is a state approved course and final exam.
- You get the course.
- Your textbook.
- Other supplemental study materials.
- A slip of completion after the course is completed.
- Diploma that is suitable to frame and personalized.
The online course offered by the Bob Hogue School of Real Estate is a self paced course that can be accessed through any high speed internet connection.
This course can be done anytime 24/7 at your own pace but must be completed within 6 months of sign up.
Their online course uses the REcampus learning system by Dearborn real estate education which is the platform that they use to deliver the course material.
- Like the physical classroom classes, the online course is a state approved course and final exam.
- You can access a licensed instructor who can answer any questions. (Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm)
- Tech support is available should you have any computer related problems. (Available from 8 am to 8 pm 7 days a week)
- A completion slip is given once the course is completed.
- You will receive a diploma that is personalized and ready to be framed on course completion.
Live Online Course
This course is done online but in a virtual live classroom led by a live instructor. You can also engage with other students as you would in a physical classroom environment.
Like a physical classroom setting, there will be a regular schedule. This means it is not self paced like the online course discussed above.
Attendance is tracked by monitoring login and logout times. You cannot miss more than 8 hours of class times or you will not be able to take the final exam.
Like the live classroom and online courses, upon course completion you will receive:
- The state approved course
- Supplemental study materials
- Slip of completion after the course is completed
- Diploma that is suitable to frame and personalized
All of the pre-license courses listed above consist of an orientation, 19 lesson units, a practice exam and final exam.
A licensed instructor is available Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm who can answer any questions you may have.
Tech support is available from 8 am to 8 pm 7 days a week in case you have any computer related problems.
Bob Hogue School of Real Estate does not offer any type of passing guarantee but they do offer refunds in certain situations. See their website to learn more information.
Bob Hogue School of Real Estate Pricing
Again we are focused on their Florida real estate sale associate pre-licensing courses.
- The physical classroom course is $295 at the time of this writing. (subject to change)
- The online course is $245 when we write this Bob Hogue School of Real Estate review.
- The live online course is $295 at the time we compiled this Bob Hogue School of Real Estate review.
Pros And Cons Of Using Bob Hogue School of Real Estate
After thorough research in the Bob Hogue School of Real Estate program, we have put together a list of pros and cons for signing up for this real estate school.
- Been teaching real estate since 1978 so decades of experience.
- Offer many formats for their courses which work great for people with busy schedules.
- Phone support is available for online courses and live online courses.
- Nothing is mentioned about the instructors teaching the courses.
- Their website is rather old and does not work well on phones or tablets.
- They do not offer a pass guarantee.
- Any exam prep costs extra.
What Others Say
As we looked at the many reviews left by past students of the Bob Hogue School of Real Estate, the several people felt that some of the instructors were not that good and even disconnected from the class.
There were some people that felt the course did not prepare them to take the Florida state exam while others felt the course was rushed.
However, the vast majority of Bob Hogue School of Real Estate reviews we came across were positive and felt the courses were good.