If you have been considering loan signing as a career, you’re probably looking for the best notary signing agent courses. Searching for notary signing agent training can be difficult. That’s why we have put together this guide to help you make the right decision.
Notary.net offers state-specific training resources for most of the US. For over 15 years, the company Notary Rotary, Inc., provides training that has helped countless professionals become licensed notaries all over the country.
Prices for online courses vary depending on the state, but you can access most of them for less than $100. Additionally, these study courses frequently go on sale. Seminars are typically priced the same as the online courses, although promotional discounts or sales for these are rare. Finally, notary supplies through this site are priced identically to their cost at any online or physical retailer, with state-specific shipping and taxes added to your total.
Most of their educational content is provided through online courses that heavily incorporate video instruction. However, you’re also able to contact instructors and fellow students for additional insight into the training process, and you’ll earn a certificate of completion specifically tailored to the state in which you plan to work as a notary public.
In addition to their online courses, Notary.net also hosts live in-person seminars at physical locations across the country. These seminars will meet the hour requirement for each jurisdiction and includes an exam at the end; essentially, it covers the entire notary certification process from start to finish!
On top of this, Notary.net also sells office supplies specific to the profession, such as stamps, bonds, and journals.
Pros and Cons
- Pro – State Specific: By offering specific online courses for 46 different states, Notary.net is able to provide a personalized and relevant experience for all enrolled students.
- Pro – Seminars: It’s rare to find online courses that also offer in-person instruction, but Notary.net offers exactly that with their live seminars. Since these cost about the same as an online course, it’s a great idea to try one if they’re available in your area.
- Con – Limited Availability. Unfortunately, this website doesn’t offer full coverage for all 50 states. If you’re in Florida, Nevada, or North Carolina, there’s nothing here that can help you.
This is the best option for anyone who wants to attend an in-person class to become certified as a notary public. But even if you’re only interested in online education or some office supplies, this is still a fantastic choice.
5. National Notary
National Notary is a notary signing agent education course run by the National Notary Association. This is one of the leading associations in the industry and they know everything a notary needs. Because of this, they are a great option for those looking for the best notary signing agent course.
The NNA is incredibly experienced in helping new agents get their bearings in the industry. They have been helping people get the clients and connections they need. This is incredibly important to people who might not know how to get started.
By getting your education with such an established association, you would be starting off on the right foot. Associating yourself with the NNA is a great way to attract clients and escrow agents alike. They are a known name in the business and have the cache that goes with that.
National Notary offers different options for their training courses. The option that you choose will depend on what kind of signing agent you plan to be. Not everyone has the same needs and so not every course will be right for them.
Their basic certification comes in at $189. This will give you everything you need to pass the exam and get working as a signing agent. However, it does not include some of the extras that they can offer that can help you get started.
Their complete certification is a little more pricey at $259. One of the benefits of this package is that you will also receive 20 percent off of notary supplies. This can be one of the things that adds up as you move forward in your career. Having that discount could be a major money saver down the line.
With this package, you also receive things like loan signing prep sheets and a study guide for the exam. These extras are all things that not only help you get ready for the exam, but for your career as well.
Since the complete certification is only $70 more than the basic one, it might be worth it. If you are just getting started in the business, having access to these extras is a big help. It’s not something that you will want to miss out on as a novice.
One of the best resources that National Notary offers is their client match-ups. They can actually help you land your first clients as a notary signing agent. This is not something that every signing agent school can offer to new agents.
Since getting clients is one of the things that people tend to struggle with the most, this is very helpful. When you are just starting out, it can be hard to build your customer base. Getting these first clients matched with you can give you a head start on your career.
They also offer a background screening for just $70. Since the background check is an essential step of the process, it is good to get it through your school. You can be sure that you are getting the proper check done and that it will be valid and thorough.
Pros and Cons
- Pro – Availability: Unlike some of the courses on this list, National Notary offers resources to help professionals become certified notaries in all 50 states and D.C. This is extremely convenient and eliminates the need for you to visit any other sites when planning your career.
- Pro – Full Supplies: Like our #3 pick, National Notary sells specific office supplies that you’ll need as a professional notary. However, they make it even more convenient by bundling them into a package that also includes loan documents and references for other situations.
- Con – Professional Support: Although you can purchase insurance for any errors or omissions, this online resource lacks the personalized support provided by our top pick. Without guidance from an experienced professional, you’ll be left on your own after earning your cert and obtaining your supplies.
The National Notary Association has put together a fantastic collection of resources for notaries all over the country. However, you won’t have the kind of instruction that ensures your new career is a success, which means it may take longer for you to see the results you desire.
Becoming a notary signing agent can be an incredibly lucrative undertaking. For not much money or effort, you can be working as an agent in a short period of time. There is also a high demand for signing agents in areas that have a lot of real estate transactions.
By looking for the best notary signing agent course, you are already off to a good start. High quality training will give you the leg up you need and get the ball rolling early.