Getting your real estate license means finding the best possible real estate school. If you have been questioning using Moseley School of Real Estate for your licensing, we have the answers for you. We have put together an in-depth Moseley School Of Real Estate review to help you decide.
Overview Of Moseley School of Real Estate
Moseley School of Real Estate has been in the industry since 1972. In that time, they have worked on their curriculum and made strides towards its perfection. Even though the real estate market has changed, they have been able to keep up with the times.
Moseley School of Real Estate was started with a vision of getting students on a fast track. By keeping up with all the changes in the real estate market, they can do this efficiently. Their dedication to speeding up the process and making it easy shines through.
The school has been under the leadership of Guyon Moseley since 1995. Many real estate schools will change leadership many times over the course of their existence. Guyon’s longevity means that they have had a consistent CEO for many years.
This kind of consistency means that Moseley School of Real Estate has a focused goal with students. It has been developed over 25 years and has been put to the test in that time. Because of that, you can feel confident that they know how to best help you through the process.
Real estate is an extremely fluid and dynamic industry. It is constantly changing with the times and is susceptible to trends and downturns. Moseley School of Real Estate understands this and has worked to be as up to date as possible.
They are able to do this by having so many years in the business in the same place. Moseley School of Real Estate is based in Virginia and Florida and focuses on both the Virginia market and Florida market. This kind of niche operation has allowed them to benefit from their experience in those markets.
Having 25 years worth of experience in one place is an essential thing to look for in a real estate school. Real estate is an extremely localized industry and they understand how important it is to stay local. By working in these two markets, they can not only help you get your education hours, but understand the market’s intricacies.
Many real estate schools operate all over the United States. By keeping their focus on two distinct markets, Moseley School of Real Estate has specific experience. This is an incredibly important feature, and one that will serve you well as you get started in your career.
Moseley School Of Real Estate Teaching Style
The teaching style at Moseley School of Real Estate is very hands-on. The instructors and staff believe that your success as a realtor is also their success. They have a stake in your career just as much as you have in it.
They understand that it can be intimidating to start working in a new field like real estate. Because of this, they try to make the courses as understandable and accessible as possible. They do this by simplifying where they can and narrowing their curriculum down to essentials.
Moseley’s teaching style is summed up in their slogan: “Learn local, succeed local.” This illustrates just how important location is to them as a school. By learning everything you need in accordance with the place you’re working, you can use it to your advantage.
By factoring in local insights with their curriculum, Moseley School of Real Estate can be very helpful. This hands on, locally focused attitude is why they have managed to be so successful. In their 25 years, they have worked to be as relevant to their markets as possible.
In-Depth Look At Moseley School of Real Estate
The instructors at Moseley School of Real Estate are experienced in the business and have real-world insights. Many of them are working as realtors concurrently with their teaching duties. This is just one of the ways that they are able to bring their experience to the classroom.
Most of the instructors have been in the business for many years. Some of them have even been working in the industry longer than Moseley School of Real Estate has existed. Because of this, they have seen all kinds of changes in the real estate game over the years.
Their experience in working as realtors means they can bring insights into the class in real time. They are able to provide examples from their own lives as real estate agents to you as a student. This can be incredibly helpful in understanding some of the more complicated concepts.
Many former students have expressed their happiness with the teaching style at Moseley School of Real Estate. They have felt that the instructors were honest and dedicated to their craft. Because of this, the odds are that you will feel the same way as one of their students.
Moseley School Of Real Estate Course Options
As a student at Moseley School of Real Estate, you have two options for your education hours. You can either take your courses completely online or in-person at one of their locations. Depending on what type of learner you are, one of these will usually be a better option for you.
The online courses are delivered in an on-demand digital format. They come in the form of online study tools and an electronic textbook. You will also have access to online slideshows that help explain some of the more complex concepts.
The in-person classes are taught in a traditional setting at one of their locations. There, you will get the benefit of working with the instructors directly and in a classroom format. You will also get to work with other students who may be able to offer insight as well.
If you are the type of person who benefits from an in-person format, those courses could be your best option. Many students report that a big part of the experience is working with the instructors. However, if you like to learn on your own, the on-demand courses might be the best choice for you.
One of the most important resources that Moseley School of Real Estate offers is their local focus. This is not something that other real estate schools will always focus on and can be incredibly helpful. It can also help you make connections with other students and your locally-based instructors.
They do not offer much else in the way of resources, though. Other real estate schools will offer some type of money-back guarantee for their courses. Moseley School of Real Estate does not have any such guarantee.
They also do not offer any type of networking opportunities like other real estate schools do. These often come in the form of career days and meet and greets with brokers. Because of this, you will be responsible for making these all important connections on your own.
Because they do not offer these types of services, you may want to look elsewhere if they are important. Real estate is very focused on networking and making connections with local brokers and clients. If you do not have access to these connections, you might have a difficult time once you are licensed.
Moseley School of Real Estate Pricing
The in-person courses at Moseley School of Real Estate are a great option for those who need it. Not everyone has the ability to teach themselves with the on-demand format. For many people, getting to work with an in-person instructor is the only way they can effectively learn.
The in-person courses at Moseley School of Real Estate cost $550 for tuition. This is right around the middle of the price spectrum nationally. Because of this, it is fairly accessible for nearly anyone who wishes to take them.
The in-person classes are designed for students who need that hands-on type of instruction. This can be very helpful for absorbing and retaining information that might be difficult to grasp independently. By working with instructors and dealing with other students, you can get a better handle on the material.
With the in-person courses you also get a proctored final exam for the class. This is a great way to prepare yourself for the state and national real estate exam. It will be a very similar experience and a lot of people find this to be a great preparation.
By taking the final exam in-person, you can get a good idea of what the actual experience will be like. Many people find that they are anxious about the state and national real estate exam. Getting used to the experience is well worth the extra cost of taking the in-person courses.
The on-demand courses at Moseley School of Real Estate are a good option for those who are self-motivated. These courses are delivered to you in a digital format that can be taken on your own time. They can also be taken at your own pace since you have up to a year to finish them.
The on-demand courses come in at $350. This price makes them a great option for those people trying to get their real estate license on the side. Many students are working full-time jobs on top of getting licensed to sell real estate.
Moseley School of Real Estate’s on-demand courses are comprehensive and extremely thorough. They cover all the same material that is included with the in-person courses. Because of this, they are a great choice for people who have a demanding schedule.
One of the downsides of the on-demand courses is that you don’t get to work with an instructor. The qualified instructors are one of the major benefits that Moseley School of Real Estate has to offer. By taking the online courses, you could be missing out on valuable insights into the business.
However, if you decide you want to take the in-person courses, you can always change your mind. Moseley School of Real Estate allows students to change the format of their courses part-way through. All you have to do is pay the difference between the two course formats.
Pros And Cons Of Using Moseley School of Real Estate
- Locally Focused – One of the biggest upsides of Moseley School of Real Estate is its local niche. They are incredibly dedicated to the places they are teaching in. If you are looking to work in these markets, they will be able to guide you in the right direction.
- Qualified Instructors – The fact that so many of the instructors or agents themselves is a major plus. The instructors are able to bring what they have learned in the field into the classroom. As a student, this gives you a greater understanding of what happens in the day-to-day life of a realtor.
- Flexible Formats – Many times, the format that you originally sign up for for your courses is set in stone. However, Moseley School of Real Estate allows you to change formats if you would like. This opens up options for you as a student to find the format that works best for you.
- Longevity – Moseley School of Real Estate has been working in Virginia and Florida for over 25 years. Because of this, they have seen all kinds of changes in the market and have tailored their curriculum to it. As a student, you can benefit from their hindsight and experience.
- Reasonable Price – On the price spectrum nationally, Moseley School of Real Estate is in the low-middle range. Because of this, they are much more accessible than some other real estate schools. They also regularly have sales, which can bring the cost of tuition down even more.
- Only Available in Two States – Although they are looking to expand, Moseley School of Real Estate is only accredited in Virginia and Florida. Because of this, you can only attend if you are going to work in these states. Other real estate schools have more locations and are available in many more states in the U.S. (see other Florida real estate schools and Virginia real estate schools)
- No Live Webinar Option – A lot of times, real estate schools will offer a live webinar option for their courses. This is similar to the in-person experience, but is done in the comfort of your own home online. Moseley School of Real Estate does not have this option, and that can limit accessibility for some people.
- No Networking Opportunities – Many other real estate schools have career events and networking opportunities for students. Moseley School of Real Estate does not have any of these events. Because of this, you will have to make your connections on your own, which can be difficult.
- No Money-Back Guarantees – Some real estate schools will offer something in the way of a pass or no pay guarantee. Moseley School of Real Estate does not offer any such guarantees. If you would like that peace of mind, you may want to look elsewhere for your real estate education.