Our Verdict – Best California Real Estate Continuing Education Course
Colibri Real Estate is our top pick for California real estate education CE courses. With a wide range of course topics, live and on-demand lessons, unlimited access through a yearly membership, and a money-back guarantee, Colibri offers unmatched flexibility and comprehensive learning. Elevate your real estate career with Colibri Real Estate.
If you’re looking for the best California real estate continuing education course offerings, you already know an important secret.
Real estate is a fast growing business in California.
With expensive homes in high demand and endless opportunities for career advancement, maintaining your license is crucial to staying ahead of the competition. ‘
But with so many online real estate schools and real estate courses available, finding he right course materials can be overwhelming.
This is why it’s important to invest in continuing education courses tailored for California real estate brokers and traders. These online courses not only provide updated information but also offer unique features that set them apart from the rest.
Explore our top picks below:
1. Colibri Real Estate Continuing Education Course
Colibri Real Estate is our number one pick for the active real estate agents in the California real estate industry. Their CE courses can help students of any learning style earn CE credits for their California real estate license through an online real estate school that is unmatched.
What’s so great about Colibri?
Once known as Real Estate Express, this company has been helping clients start and continue their real estate career for decades. Partnered with McKissock Learning, they know the California real estate market and Colibri Real Estate excels at breaking difficult real estate concepts down into their basic parts.
This can be best seen in their video lessons and webinars. Based on seven mandatory subjects, each lesson can be taken live or on-demand (at your own pace). Plus, students who choose a self study option through this real estate school still get access to weekly Q&A sessions with their teachers. That way they don’t have to miss out on the best parts of the live classroom experience.
After each lesson you can find more specific information from your textbook or eBooks. By the time you’re done with one of their individual courses, you’ll be prepared for a final exam and ready to secure your real estate exam completion certificate.
Needless to say, it’s the best California real estate continuing education course we’ve found.
Colibri Real Estate Features
- Variety of course topics (i.e. real estate finance, fair housing)
- Live and On-Demand real estate lessons
- A yearly membership option
- Student chat with a course package
Colibri Real Estate Pros and Cons
- Lots of Course Options: Some online real estate schools offer live webinars while others stick to recorded online video offerings. Colibri Real Estate continuing education connects you with both. All courses meet the California Department of Education requirements for continuing education. The only difference is, you get to decide how you learn best and select individual courses that align.
- Access to All Courses: Because they offer a yearly real estate membership option, you get unlimited access to all of the California real estate license continuing education courses for just one $99 sign up fee. From consumer protection courses to ethics training requirement course content, you’ll have access to it all. Best of all, there is no expiration date.
- Job Aids: 100+ worksheets, scripts, and checklists to help experienced agents get their remaining clock hours while also assisting with their real estate careers.
- Money Back Guarantee: If you are not satisfied with your real estate CE material for any reason, you can contact them within 24 hours of completion for a full refund or discount toward future courses. This no pay guarantee is just another reason we see Colibri as the best online real estate school.
2. The CE Shop California Real Estate Continuing Education
CE Shop’s focus on self study materials makes their course a good choice for anyone with a busy schedule.
Looking for subsequent renewals for real estate? We’ve found the perfect program for you!
All real estate brokers and salespersons must complete 45 clock hours of DRE-approved continuing education consisting of:
- One nine-hour CE survey course that covers the seven mandatory subjects: ethics, agency, trust fund handling, risk management, management and supervision, fair housing and implicit bias training OR licensees can choose to take individual courses in all of those mandatory subjects
- A minimum of 18 hours of CE courses in the category of consumer protection; and
- The remaining clock hours to complete the 45 hours of real estate continuing education may be related to either consumer service or consumer protection courses.
Thankfully, the CE Shop has you covered–and only for a few bucks.
Unlike other real estate continuing education courses, the CE Shop focuses entirely on building a self paced course. This singular focus makes those materials more customizable than other online real estate schools. Anyone taking this course should be able to use the eBooks, video lessons, practice final exams, and more to develop their professional real estate knowledge and maintain their broker license. You should be able to easily complete your 45 CE hours with this company.
CE Shop Features
- Custom packages for multiple states
- Digital Flashcards and Real Estate Glossary
- Custom Study Schedules
The CE Shop Pros and Cons
- Offline Learning: Every single aspect of this real estate course material can be downloaded and completed offline. Even better, your course progress will automatically update when you reconnect to the internet.
- Business Building Course: The CE Shop also offers a business building course to help you get your career started now that you’ve earned your license.
- Low Price Tag: The CE Shop is reasonably priced, offering mandatory courses at a fraction of the price. Even their basic package comes with all the features.
- Limited Instructor Support: Students can pose questions to the support team, but interaction with real estate continuing education teachers is fairly limited. There are no live lessons or private tutoring options currently available.
Save 40% on The CE Shop Real Estate Courses
Get 30% on The CE Shop Continuing Education Course
30% Off on The CE Shop Pre-Licensing Education
Enjoy a 5-Day Free Trial on The CE Shop
Buy The CE Shop Mortgage Course For Only $365
Get The CE Shop Mortgage Standard Course Now $475
Take The CE Shop Residential Mortgage Course For As
Explore The CE Shop Online Mortgage Course Demo
Get The CE Shop Mortgage Premium Course For Only
Get 5-Day Free Trial on The CE Shop Courses
The CE Shop Home Inspection Starter Package Now $699
Buy The CE Shop Home Inspection Course Package For
Take The CE Shop Home Inspection Expert Package For
The CE Shop Offer – Home Inspection Live Courses
The CE Shop Home Appraisal Course Package Now $135
Deal – The CE Shop Home Appraisal Course Package
Promo – The CE Shop Home Appraisal Course Package
3. Kaplan Real Estate Education Course Review
Kaplan’s modular format ensures that you only learn about real estate topics that apply to your career, whether that’s consumer protection or risk management. What’s the point in taking a different course that’s geared toward legal aspects that don’t apply to you?
With Kaplan, this isn’t a thing.
So, what does Kaplan actually provide?
Kaplan offers real estate continuing education courses in 2 different formats:
- On Demand Video
- Home Study Textbook Learning
Those looking for the best California real estate continuing education course can pick and choose the subjects that interest them the most before buying anything. You can also keep things simple by choosing one of their 45-hour complete CE courses. Whether you’re focused on broker license renewal or sales, Kaplan Real Estate Education has crash courses for you.
Another perk: Kaplan students can also easily take their learning on the go; everything Kaplan has to offer works on mobile devices. This makes it easy to get a little bit of studying done whenever you’ve got a break during the day.
Kaplan offers real estate continuing education courses in 3 different formats: On Demand, Live Online, and Textbook Learning. Any customer can easily pick and choose the subjects that interest them the most before buying anything. Students can also easily take their learning on the go; everything Kaplan has to offer works on mobile devices. This makes it easy to get a little bit of studying done whenever you’ve got a break during the day.
- On Demand Courses
- CAR (California Association of Realtors) Partnership
- Meets nine hour CE survey requirements
- 6 Month access period
Kaplan Real Estate Pros and Cons
- Mobile Friendly: This course is fully compatible with all mobile devices, making it easy to study on the go.
- Pick and Choose Subjects: Kaplan offers a wide range of online courses that tackle different aspects of the profession. This is done so you can pick and choose the subjects that apply to your work.
- 2nd Renewal Focus: Unlike with other states, California has different requirements for your 1st and 2nd license renewals. Kaplan’s content focuses almost exclusively on subsequent renewals, so you should consider The CE Shop instead if that’s what you’re looking for.
4. Mbition California Real Estate Continuing Education Review
By partnering with CE Shop, Mbition is bringing real estate continuing education to real estate professionals around the country.
Most of their courses consist of a series of textbooks and practice problems; each of these can be completed at whatever pace you like. Whenever you have trouble, you can easily contact a teacher for some extra help. This is in stark contrast to the more in depth lesson based study courses. Still, this can be worth your time if you just want to take your time earning your 45 CE credits.
It’s important to mention that Mbition is shifting it’s real estate school offerings to courses offered by the CE Shop. If that is the case for your area of interest, you might want to avoid the middle man and invest in the CE Shop’s CE courses directly.
- Multi-state packages
- Top-tier instructor Support
- Lots of practice problems
Mbition Pros and Cons
- Bonus Real Estate Finance Class: With an upgraded package, you can also get a crash course in the type of math you’ll be expected to know when working as a real estate agent. Few online real estate schools offer this as an option.
- Teacher Support: At any time during your studies, you can speak with your instructor for some extra help with any section of their curriculum.
- Limited Format: You will only learn about California real estate through a series of textbooks and ebooks. If you want lecture content, consider Colibri Real Estate instead.
California Real Estate Continuing Education FAQs
Q: How many hours of continuing education must a California license complete in order to renew a real estate license?
A: California’s Department of Real Estate requires you to complete 45 hours of continuing education every 4 years.
Q: How much does it cost to renew a real estate license in California?
A: The base fee for a license renewal is $245. However, late renewals will bring that up to $367, so make sure you pay as early as possible.
Q: How much does a real estate agent make in California?
A: ZipRecruiter reports that California real estate agents make an average of $82k each year.